It is always exciting to come across a new organisation with new resources committed to helping people understand how they can follow Jesus in their everyday lives, including their daily work.
So when I stumbled across Groundwork – training for the ordinary Christian life, I was very excited. ?
And when I realised it was an Australian mob, then I was very excited!
And when I saw that they had resources specifically to help Christians think about their work, well ….I was apoplectic!?So what is on offer:
Firstly, a book ($25) called Good Work: a labour of love?by Tim Adeney and Stuart Heath. ?I have only read chapter one (the free sample) but it’s top stuff (the book provides great background reading for the person leading the study series below).
Secondly, there is a 5 session study booklet called?Following Jesus at Work?with the following topics:
- Work is love (again, I have looked at this one in the sample download – stimulating ideas and questions, easy to lead)
- Work is good (in a fallen world)
- Work and hope: the difference that Jesus makes
- The worker
- Finding good work
Some additional notes:
- You can download a free document called How to run a Groundwork Session?- even if you are not using Groundwork resources, this is a very useful document. ?Part 2 in particular discusses the application of adult learning principles in a very helpful way.
- The resources are available in paperback and eBook formats (iTunes and kindle)
- You cannot purchase single copies of the study booklet – you must purchase a minimum of 6 copies.
?I am looking forward to my first opportunity to ‘road test’ this resource but am confident it will be well worth the wait.
17 January 2014
You must be logged in to post a comment.