Taking your pastor to lunch is a great way to begin a conversation about the intersection of your faith and your work.?
The folk at the Celebrate Your Work have put together these conversation starters (and they even have a sample invitation) for such a situation.
Conversation Starters | Take Your Pastor to Lunch
?Use these questions as a guide for your conversation.
?Suggestions to begin:
- Tell your pastor how much you appreciate the ministry of the church.
- Comment on a recent sermon that touched you in some way.
- Show your pastor around and introduce co-workers as it?s appropriate and doesn?t disturb their work.
- As you visit, explain what you do on a daily basis.
- Mention any specific struggles that people in your line of work deal with.
?Questions to foster discussion:
- How can I best use my workplace skills to serve the church?
- Does the church see a distinction between church work and my work?
- How does the church sees ?secular? work fitting in God?s kingdom?
- How does my work fit or not fit in God?s kingdom?
- How can you and/or the church help me connect my work and faith?
- Would you be willing to help me find answers to these questions from the Bible?
?Close your time with prayer.
- How can I pray for you?
- May I share some confidential requests for you personally to pray for me?