Rev. Dr. Neil Hudson from the London Institute for Contemporary Christianity is coming to Australia (well, just Queensland actually!) for a series of events from ?April 17-24, 2016.
One of the key events will be a four day Masters Intensive exploring the challenge of “Developing a Whole Life Disciple Making Church Community”?– no doubt a topic close to the heart of every church leader. ?
Full details can be found as follows:
- Video introduction – Neil Hudson shares what this course is all about
- Course Brochure?- the bare bones!
- Program Overview?- the program and topics for each day
- Unit Guide?- the full bottle.?
Who should attend?
We are encouraging churches to consider sending their pastor and maybe one or two other church leaders so that they can explore and learn together and think through the implications for their church community..?
For those who do not want to enrol in a masters’ course and?complete the?assessment program, you can audit the course for just $300 – great value for an experience that will change the way you think and practice church life!
Students will examine the historical theological and social?developments that have led to a sacred-secular divide in the?lives of both individuals and in the group practices of many?church communities. They will examine the dangers of??heroic? leadership patterns and the process of moving from?this towards an enabling-equipping ministry, as well as?reflecting on the role of the pastoral practices of preaching,?leading worship, spiritual direction and administration in?this process.
At the conclusion of this practical course students will be?able to identify the areas of sacred-secular divide in their?own church communities, and be able to develop?appropriate practices across the church?s various ministry?areas to enable the whole church community to gain greater?confidence in living as whole-life disciples.
Assessment has been carefully designed to be both practical?and immediately applicable to your church context.?Assesment is comprised of:
- Pre-reading and Response: read and respond to key course?texts.
- Survey and Analysis: assess the current status of a church?community in relation to whole-life discipleship.
- Major Assignment: Prepare a 4 week teaching series to?encourage whole-life discipleship OR develop a strategic?plan to deepen commitment to and capacity for whole-life?discipleship making in your church.