In this article.?from the 9Marks blog, Lukas Naugle comments that pastors who:
‘… seek to teach biblically about marketplace dynamics [will find] it is helpful … to deepen …?[their]?empathy and broaden?[their]?understanding of the vocations represented in [their] congregation.”
So with that in mind, he suggest seven guidelines for pastors who want to teach those who are called to the marketplace:
- Teach them how Scripture informs their work
- Teach them to fear the Lord
- Teach them to pray
- Teach them that their ultimate worth isn’t found in their performance
- Teach them they are more than ‘useful’ to their local church
- Teach them that they’re not inferior to pastors and missionaries
- Teach them to love what they do, and to do it well.
You can read the full article here.