Welcome to the 2016 Transforming Work Conference information page.
Date: Saturday June 18, 8.30am-4.00pm
Venue: Malyon College, 53 Prospect Road, Gaythorne, 4051
Program: For a full copy of the conference brochure, click here
Poster: Download the conference poster here
Speakers: For a list of speaker biographies, click here.
Registration: To register for the conference, click here
- Standard fee – $70
- Early bird registrations – $10 discount prior to May 20 ($60)
- Group bookings – $10 discount on standard or early bird fee
David Benson (Malyon College) – David will explore how we can think biblically about our work using Robert Banks’ vocational model describing how the myriad of human vocations actually reflect and give expression to the way God works:
- Redemptive (God’s saving and reconciling actions)
- Providential (God’s provision for and sustaining of humans and the creation)
- Creative (God’s fashioning of the physical and human world)
- Compassionate (God’s involvement in comforting, healing, guiding, and shepherding)
- Justice (God’s maintenance of justice).
- Revelatory (God’s work to enlighten with truth)
Mark Greene (London Institute for Contemporary Christianity) via skype – Mark will outline the 6M framework for fruitfulness in the workplace:
- Model godly character
- Make good work
- Minister love and grace
- Mould culture
- Mouthpiece for truth and justice
- Messenger of the gospel
- Visions of vocation – practitioners will share with us how they integrate work and faith in their workplace, our version of a TED talk!
- Workshops –
- Six (6) practical workshops where participants will think through what it means to practice the 6Ms of workplace fruitfulness in one of Robert Banks’ domains of work.
- Three (3) specialist workshop for specific audiences
- Church leaders
- New workers
- Small business owners and entrepreneurs
More Information: If you have any questions about the conference, please contact Murray Wright:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile: 0406766240
- Home: 0746346443
Corney & Lind Lawyers, Brisbane – Schools & Education | NFP & Charity | Commercial | Compensation & Personal Injury | Family | Employment & Discrimination | Estate & Elder | Migration & Visas